Friday, September 23, 2005

It's Great Day!!!

DISCLAIMER: The images and writing contained in this blog are the thoughts and opinions of the blogger. Obviously, all names have been left out to protect both the innocent and the guilty. Thank heavens for the 1st Amendment to the United States Constitution which allows presentation of my own feelings and opinions. There are those that feel I have violated privacy or confidences, however, with no names mentioned, attachment can only be made by inference. If by chance you don't agree with what is written here, or, feel you don't like what you have read, stop reading and don't bother coming back.


IF YOU ARE VISITING FROM MARINEPARENTS.COM... WELCOME... PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS AT THE END OF EACH ENTRY. THANKS.... SEMPER FI!

IF YOU ARE READING MY BLOG FOR THE FIRST TIME, REALIZE THE FIRST ENTRY IS THE MOST RECENT. IF YOU'D LIKE TO GET MORE BACKGROUND, START AT THE BEGINNING, AUGUST 2004 IN THE ARCHIVES (links on right side)

Today is Thursday September 22 and I heard from my Marine son, Dan. He called from Al Asad, Iraq... The news was the best... his unit is being replaced and will soon be coming home. Thank G-d. He said no more patrols...I am on cloud 9.

When I arrived at work tonight... I found out that a local paper had done an article about Dan... This is a "full size" newspaper and they devoted a full page plus to Dan's story. Included in the article were pictures of Dan, Dan's grandfather (also a Marine) and me. In addition, a photo of the Commanding General of Paris Island when Dan graduated as honor man of his platoon, in April of 2002. What a great article... I have to go to the newspapers office tomorrow and pick up extra copies...

Jay left today to go to Boston. He is to be "best man" and a friends wedding. He'll be home next week and we have lot's to do around the house before Dan comes home.

Rachel and I received our results from our EMT exams... we both passed. Rachel is going for her EMT-CC certification and has another test to take.

That's about all I've got for now... will be back again soon... thanks for reading.

No comments: