Wednesday, October 20, 2004

COOPERATION OR LACK OF IT...

DISCLAIMER: The images and writing contained in this blog are the thoughts and opinions of the blogger. Obviously, all names have been left out to protect both the innocent and the guilty. Thank heavens for the 1st Amendment to the United States Constitution which allows presentation of my own feelings and opinions. There are those that feel I have violated privacy or confidences, however, with no names mentioned, attachment can only be made by inference. If by chance you don't agree with what is written here, or, feel you don't like what you have read, stop reading and don't bother coming back.


IF YOU ARE NEW TO READING MY BLOG... PLEASE START AT THE BEGINNING... LOOK FOR ARCHIVES... GOTO AUGUST 2004 AND START AT THE BOTTOM AND WORK UP. THANKS.

It's been awhile since my last post. Been busy.

Saw most of what's left of our family at my father's unveiling recently. Had a simple but nice ceremony led by my niece. Was nice to go to dinner afterward with everyone and to learn that my niece is pregnant and soon the family will have another member.

At the Ambulance, lots going on. It's time for the corps to be "re-certified" by the state of NY Dept of Health. No real cooperation from any of the past administration officers. No paperwork was able to be located by any of them. So, even when told "we can't find the paperwork from the last re-certification", I went looking anyway. Low and behold, there it was right in the past chiefs desk, where no one could find it.

The low depths these people go to astounds me. If they want to make me look bad as current Chief, ok... I can live with that. But don't place the our entire organiztion in jeopardy by not cooperating... That makes no sense to me. But hey, should I be surprised? Hell no, after all, the one who refused to cooperate is the ballot tampering ex-chief. Nuff said. I got the re-cert done anyway without them. Ha-ha.. Game Over. Period.

Work is going well, both at home and at the fire district where I dispatch. Have a bid in on a big job for the home business, we'll see if that comes in.

Son Dan had a drill (USMCR) this past weekend. His unit was notified that they would be re-activated and re-deployed to IRAQ in January, 2005. I'm NOT happy. I did not fair well during my son's first deployment to Iraq as part on Operation Iraqi Freedom, now know as OIF1. I almost fear for him more in this "post war" security mission than the war itself. But I am so proud of my son. He and his fellow Marines that had been deployed to Iraq before were given a half assed option of not going a second time. Dan and his fellow Marines all volunteered. I'm not happy. But I have faith and trust in my son's knowledge and abilities and can only hope he makes it through his second round unscathed as he did in OIF1. Semper Fi, Dan. ooooh rah.

OK enough for now. If I could just make it through Just One More Day.

No comments: