Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Wow..Time Flies..

I've been neglecting posting here... time flies... with my last post back in 2009...

Lots ha happened in that time... working at NPFD continues... I love it there... but things around home are quite regular... lol rather than normal, since my life is anything but normal...

My daughter, Rachel now working at University Hospital @ Stony Brook NY for the past year, working in the Emergency Department as a Nursing Assistant... She loves it and I am so proud of her.

Jay is still sailing around the world... mostly with SEA (Sea Education Association) and is presently in Tahiti. (poor boy) He will sail to Hawaii in late March and then be home for a short while until his next assignment. Jay had his Captains Ticket and I wait for the day her steers his own ship.

Dan has been in Israel (Ashdod) since October 2010 as a volunteer on a 5 month mission to teach English to elementary school children. Dans' sister Rachel, her boyfriend Jed, and I visited Dan in Israel for a week, Jan 14th to the 22nd. What a great trip. If, you'd like to see how that went, visit http://amstersinisrael2011.blofspot.com

Oh BTW... Jed and Rachel became "engaged" while we were in Israel... MAZEL TOV!!.

I'm still on the board of directors at MVAC... but that may change soon... don't know.. seems to be momentum gathering for replacement of many positions within the corps. If a new Chief is elected, the present Chief will take (probably) the position I hold on the board now (past Chief). I'll be off the board unless I am elected to the board as a director, a position I have been nominated for as a just in case measure. All in all, while I like being involved in the board of director activities (i.e. financial responsibility for the corps) I would not be devastated if I did not get back on the board...

I continue my work with my home business of 27 years. Medford Compu-List... and still enjoy getting the jobs done...the money does not hurt either...lol...

I'm organizing my finances, working out a proper budget and dealing with lowering my interest rates with many of my credit cards...

My social life is non-existent since a stopped seeing Liz...I miss her but could not deal with the manner in which I was treated... that's a whole other story. Things will get better...

I realized that all the walking we did in Israel back in January was GOOD for me and allowed for better movement... so I need to get into a proper exercise regimen.

We'll see how that goes... now to go out and clean out my car... Bye

No comments: