Wednesday, March 09, 2005

To Elect or Not

DISCLAIMER: The images and writing contained in this blog are the thoughts and opinions of the blogger. Obviously, all names have been left out to protect both the innocent and the guilty. Thank heavens for the 1st Amendment to the United States Constitution which allows presentation of my own feelings and opinions. There are those that feel I have violated privacy or confidences, however, with no names mentioned, attachment can only be made by inference. If by chance you don't agree with what is written here, or, feel you don't like what you have read, stop reading and don't bother coming back.


Well... it's time for me to get a new psychic...lol... With a snowfall and ice storm following, Tuesday evening elections were held and many of those that might have come out to vote, could not or would not. But a majority of our members wanted to still hold the elections, bad weather or not... and so they were held.

I can sleep at night because I do the right thing, the honorable thing... the moral thing...I am ashamed of what took place tonight at elections... but I am not a sore loser, I actually look forward to the rest I be able to get. I lost by 3 votes, just like 2 years ago... no biggy... But what bothers me most is that my opponent, a former chief, who admitted tampering with the ballot envelope after last years elections won and nobody cares that she did it. As a matter of fact there were charges brought against her for doing so, but they were dropped due to technicalities...So we have a repeat chief, that admitted her guilt in ballot tampering after an election. What does that tell ya about our membership?

In any case, I wished her good luck for the coming year... Shook her hand in front of membership. I had sent out a letter to membership, prior to the election... Lots a people commented as to how good and well written it was.... but obviously, not good enough for those stuck on wanting the "good" accomplished during the last year to be over shadowed by all the bad...

None the less, I'll get more rest this coming year.... instead of running on calls so often. (580 for the year 2004-2005)

No comments: